Well-established dealership seeking POSITIVE self-MOTIVATING individuals!!
We are on the lookout for a qualified individual to fill our Service Manager position. Our dealerships perform at the highest levels possible due to hard-working and very talented team of professionals. The automotive industry is a fast-paced lucrative business that offers challenging and fulfilling experiences you will truly enjoy.
Please apply with your resume at email@example.com
- Aid all service and sales personnel in all areas of his/her job description
- Accurately record employee performances that may result in punitive job actions such as termination
- Report to management any situations that compromise the integrity of the dealership
- Cooperate with the parts department to ensure proper stocking of high use parts
- Collect accounts receivable for service work
- Acquire competitive bids on all tools, equipment, sublet repairs, supplies, etc…
- Ensure service department employees follow safety policies and practices and that employees report any and all accidents immediately
- Ensure all required technical publications, periodicals, bulletins and even more are obtained, kept up-to-date and properly maintained
- All the necessary shop equipment is in proper working condition
- Fairly deal with customers complaints, inconveniences and misunderstandings quickly, any serious complaints deal with quickly and delicately
- Service manager is to oversee proper service sales techniques
- Meet once a month with fixed operations director and general manager to review current service department performances, set future performance objectives, promotional activities etc….
- Maintain accurate records and ensure warranty parts retention as outlined.
- Follow all manufacturer requirements as outlined in the manufacturer and company policy and procedures manuals
- Maintain the highest possible standards of workmanship
- Serve as liaison with the factory representatives in the absence of the fix operations or service director’s absence
- Advise technicians of service CSI on a monthly basis
- Monitor staffing levels, compensation levels and department turnover
- Make sure proper repair order flow to satisfy warranty/dealership/business office requirements
- Maintain reporting systems required by general manager, company and manufacturer
- Create and/or maintain relations with vocational and technical schools to enhance recruitment activates
- Schedule and direct the activates of all department associates
- The hiring, training, motivating and counseling of new staff.
- Monitoring the performance of the service department’s staff.
- Understanding the Federal, State and local regulations that directly affect service and parts operations.
- Comply with these regulations.
- Work with the development of an annual service budget for the use in connection with annual sales forecasts
- Service manager must demonstrate a behavior that is consistent with the company’s vision and values with our customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety standards
- Follows company safety procedures, avoiding exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
- Must meet above requirements for employment Three to Five years of experience in an auto repair facility
- Must have two or more years in a supervisor position
- Skilled communicator and writer
- Maintain inter-personal relationships
- Knowledge of dealership computer systems
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be able to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Preferred knowledge and experience in the industries of overall operations, management and wholesale relations
- Outstanding communication skills
- Professional appearance and work ethic
- Great attitude with a high-energy personality
- Superior customer service skills
- Auto industry experience a distinct plus – we will train the right person***
- Exposure to inclement weather
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending and kneeling
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Preferred technical degree or 2 to 4-year college degrees
Why do you want this job?
- Unrestricted earning potential providing an extremely generous compensation program in combination with the industry’s leading benefits.
- Great tenure of current employees
- Opportunity for advancement in one of the largest automotive groups in Minnesota
- Five day work week
We are an equal opportunity employer that maintains a drug-free work environment. Our compensation program and benefits are among the best in the business that includes direct deposit, medical and dental insurance as well as on the job training programs.